Wednesday, November 28, 2007

JUSTICE AND THE RELIGION OF PIECES

A British schoolteacher has been accused of insulting the prophet Mohammed, by allowing her student's to name a teddy bear.

From SKY NEWS via DRUDGE:


A British teacher has been charged with insulting religion and inciting hatred after allowing her class to name a teddy bear Mohammed.

Gillian GibbonsGillian Gibbons faces 40 lashes - and the British Government has shown its anger by summoning the Sudanese ambassador in London as a "matter of urgency".

Prime Minister Gordon Brown's spokesman said: "We are surprised and disappointed by this development."

Ms Gibbons has been charged under Article 125 of the criminal code, the Foreign Office confirmed.

The case will go before a court in Sudan tomorrow and the 54-year-old from Liverpool is expected to appear.

If convicted, Ms Gibbons faces 40 lashes, six months in prison, or a fine.



One student suggested they name the bear after himself, which also happen's to be the most common name in the Muslim world.


A pupil of the teacher leapt to her defence yesterday.

The seven-year-old said he suggested the name – after HIMSELF, not the Islamic prophet.

And he says he would be upset if jailed Gillian Gibbons never came back to teach at Unity High School in Sudan’s capital Khartoum.

Punishment ... teacher could
face 40 lashes
The lad, who spells his name Mohammad, said: “The teacher asked what I wanted to call the teddy. I said Mohammad, after my name.”

He added that most of his class agreed with his choice and described Gillian, of Liverpool, as a “very nice” teacher who never mentioned religion in class.



Let the punishment fit the crime but 40 lashes with a cane or six months in a Sudanese hellhole prison for clearly having no intention of insulting the Islamic faith?

Here is what this 54 yr. old mother of two would endure if sentenced to lashing

Gavin Sherard-Smith's account via The Daily Mail:

Then I was told to lie face down on a rug on the floor, still wearing my prison uniform.

Punishment: A flogging in Iran, which also follows Sharia law
The lashing started immediately. One, two, three - in quick succession. I buried my head into my forearms, gritted my teeth and concentrated on not breaking down.

The man lashing me was the tallest and biggest of the three policeman.

He was supposed to have a book - usually the Koran - under his arm to reduce the swing and stop him from lifting the cane above his head, but there was no sign of it.

Four, five, six, seven - they kept coming thick and fast. At first the pain wasn't too much and I could feel where he was hitting me.

The blows were raining down on my body, from the shoulder blades to the calves, then back up again.

But with each blow, the skin softened and the pain grew and grew to the point that my whole back felt like it was on fire.

Soon it was unbearable, but they kept coming, mostly on my left shoulder and calf. I had to summon up all my control not to move.

I didn't realise the human body could generate and tolerate such pain. I had never felt anything like it before, and I hope I will never feel anything like it again.

At about 20 I lost count because I was in too much pain, but someone else was counting each stroke out loud in Arabic.

I had to grit my teeth even more and screwed up my eyes.

I was determined not to make a sound and to lie perfectly still.

Only one of us would leave this room with their dignity intact - me.

After a while I had no idea where he was hitting, even though my clothes were getting torn. The last ten strokes were agony, bloody agony.

I thought I was going to pass out.

Then just as quickly as it started, it was over. Thirty to 40 seconds was all it had lasted. I was left to stagger to my feet and walk out.

The first person I saw was the prison governor. He said: 'You are still alive then?' I replied: 'Yes, I'm fine.'

I was shaking uncontrollably, but just glad it was all over.

Although I'd been given a medical check before I was beaten, there was nothing afterwards.

A fellow inmate counted the marks on my back and there were scores of weals - blue and black, surrounded by yellow swellings and extremely painful. Any movement set them on fire.

I couldn't lie on my back for days and, two weeks later, I was still in pain.

Today, the scars have healed, but I will never forget the ordeal."



Brutal indeed and all for the heinous crime of naming a piece of cloth and stuffing in the shape of a beloved children's toy after a prophet of Islam. Yet the Muslim world celebrates Mohammed's like these who participate in the mass murder of thousand's of innocent people.

Obviously Gillian Gibbon's student's and their parent's are very enamored with her, and she has done far more good for Sudan than harm in living amongst them and educating their children. She is an asset to them not a liability.

The Christian, Jewish, and Islamic faith by testament all share the same God, just different ideaologies.

Does not the God of Islam and the prophet Mohammed also have mercy?

Judging by the continuous action's of the Muslim world, obviously not.

1 comment:

Bob McCarty Writes said...

Just in time for the holidays, The Bob McCarty Shop™ announces the arrival of the MY NAME IS MOHAMMED THE BEAR™.

Designed as a keepsake for all the people who think the British school teacher in Sudan (click here to read about her) who named a teddy bear Mohammed is being treated unfairly -- she was originally sentenced to 40 lashes! -- by the Sudanese courts, this soft plush bear features a red bow and t-shirt and measures 11 inches tall.

Makes a great Christmas gift! To order it today, click here!