Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sarkozy Blows Away Congress...............

........this blogger included.

I listened to French president Nicholas Sarkozy's speech in front of Congress today, and was totally blown away by his passion, warmth, and love for our great nation. He expressed a volume of kinship, and brotherhood towards all of us Americans that was both inspiring, and captivating.


"What's made America great is her ability to transform her own dream, the American dream, into a source of hope for all of mankind."

"My generation did not love America only because she had defended freedom. We also loved America because, for us, she embodied what was most audacious about the human adventure."

" We may have differences, we may disagree on things, we may even have arguments, as in many families,"

"But in times of difficulty, in times of hardship, one stands true to one's friends, one stands shoulder to shoulder with them, one supports them, and one helps them."

"The men and women of my generation heard their parents talk about how America returned in 1944 to free us from the horrifying tyranny that threatened to enslave us ... That is why we love America."

"My generation without even coming to America shared all of your dreams and our imagination was fueled by Hollywood, by the great conquest of the western territories, by Elvis Presley. You have probably not often heard his name quoted here, but for my generation he is universal."

"The United States and France remain true to the memory of their common history. Our duty is to remain true to the blood spilled by our children on both sides of the Atlantic in common battles."

"France will never forget the sacrifice of your children"

"At a time when my country had reached the final limits of its strengths, the time when France was exhausted, had spent its strength in the most absurd and bloodiest of wars, France was able to count upon the courage of american soldiers,".

"I have come to say to you on behalf of the French people that never, never will we forget that"

" I remember the Berlin crisis and President Kennedy who unhesitatingly risked engaging the United States in the most destructive of wars so that Europe may preserve the freedom for which the American people had already sacrificed so much, Mr. Sarkozy. "To forget that, for a man of my generation, would be tantamount to self-denial."

"I want to tell you that whenever an American soldier falls somewhere in the world, I think of what the American army did for France. I think of them, and I am sad, as one is sad to lose a member of one's family."



President Sarkozy's speech was absolutely awesome.

I almost had to pinch myself. I never thought in my lifetime I would ever hear a Frenchmen on the world stage, especially the French president express the gratitude, and admiration for us that he did today.

I cant' help to think though that there were certain members present in the joint session of Congress today who probably didn't think so though. The left, likes to remind all of us 'ugly Americans' every chance they get, that we are despised the world over, and only they can change that.

I have felt as well as I'm sure the majority of Americans that most of the world however loves America. That America since her inception has been a shining beacon, of light, and hope beckoning the world to join her in her dreams, and that most of the world shares Mr. Sarkozy's sentiments.


"I also came to say that one can be a friend of America, and yet win elections in France"


Sadly that doesn't seem to be a requirement for a good number of our own politicians , in America these days.

The only ones who hate her I am convinced are the world wide enemies of prosperity, freedom, and the human spirit, of which our own left in this country act, and sound the part more, and more every day. When America's down the left always seems to be up, just like our enemies.


"I come to Washington to bear a very simple message, a message that I bear on behalf of all Frenchmen.I want to reconquer the heart of America.”



You reminded us today Mr. Sarkozy of what the world really thinks of us, and in thanking us for our inspiration, and sacrifices, you did the inspiring. Thank you Mr. Sarkozy,for your kind heartfelt words. Concerning this American, you've made a friend.

No comments: